Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Rubber Watch Phenomenon

I Actually don't know what is the correct English term for Indonesian term, "Jam Karet". It's a thing where people just love to be not punctual on every time schedule that has been made before. In Indonesia it's a very common thing. Let say if you invite people for an event at 7 am, then you'll probably going to start the event at 8 or 8.30. 

Here in Singapore, I really do think that I will no longer meet such a thing. But this morning, when it's clearly stated that you have to gather at 8.45 am, there are people who still come at 9 am. Well it's a shock. Remembering that not all of them are from Indonesia. Well I just thank God that I'm included in the punctual group. hahaha...

So looking at this morning event, we can draw a conclusion, Rubber Watch Phenomenon is actually not an Indonesian thing, hahaha. People who has no respect for time, they have no respect for others. If you come late, it's either you make other people wait for you or eventually you'll get left behind. 

Some scientist said that time is actually not a linear thing, maybe some time in the future, it'll be possible for us to turn back in time. But are you really gonna wait for that to happen, so you can come back in time to fix every mistake that you've made? Well I don't think so. Time is something that we have that cannot flow back every time we wanted. We bow down in the face of time. So a respect to time is something that we must do.  

Well, time is an abstract thing so you cannot actually touch it and bow down to it. But if you really can't have a respect to time, at least have respect for others. There are people who have done their best to be punctual, just don't let them disappointed. Because this Rubber Watch Phenomenon, is an influential thing. If someone who previously always being a punctual person, but often got stood up and has to wait the rubber-watcher people, eventually they will also became a rubber-watcher people.

Now what should we do? Well it's about time for those people to paid their dues. If an event is start at let say 8 am. The event coordinator has to be the law here. We can leave those rubber-watcher people. Let's just start with the people that we have who has been a good sport.

It will teach two things. First is that we appreciate those who has been punctual and second is that we give 'reward' to those who come late by teaching them the importance for being punctual. Sometimes hard lessons really is needed.

Well this is my first blog in English. If I once again read it from the top, darn it... I look angry. Hahaha... because no I'm not. 
It actually funnier in my thought but then when I write it, it becomes anger. hahaha...
Maybe this is why I have to keep writing in English. I'm still not that good in pouring what I had in mind to writing in English. 
I hope, by time, it'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment