Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

We're Agree to Disagree, So What?

Wow, this must have been one of my productive day...
It's been a while since the last time I wrote and I just found a new and cheaper way to connect to the internet this morning, so all the ideas kinda bursting out one by one.

I think, people are born to be different one another. There are 6 billions (I think) people in this world, but every one of them has their own unique finger print. So expecting that every one will be the same is kind of preposterous. At some point in our life, we have to accept that we can't be always in the same side with everyone, we can't always have the same perspective towards the same thing. In this life, we have to learn to accept that sometimes we have differences with other people and that's okay.

Differences are not bad thing. Some people sometimes using it to justify their action of violence. The one thing that is more dangerous than differences is, SELF-RIGHTEOUS. When we have a difference with other people, we actually can live together side by side. But when one side thinks that they are more true than the other, it could create a spark of hatred and violence. 

Majority and Minority, what's up with that?
Does majority always means that they're more true than the minority?
Does the winner are always more true than the loser?

Differences are something that is naturally exist, but it's not because one side are more true than the other. The problem is, "How do we know what we have is the ultimate truth?" What we consider THE TRUTH is what we think is true, other people may not see it from the same angle and they have their own truth. That is differences and that's is natural. 

Don't be such a jerk and be so Self-Righteous. Every people has their own opinion and we have to respect that. We must value other things rather than just pushing what we think is true to other people. When we keep arguing with other people towards the same thing over and over again, why don't we just stop at, "We're agree to disagree" and lets just pass that and keep moving forward. 

Friendship, Peace, Serenity, Togetherness, Unity, are example of values that we have to prioritize rather than just keep arguing and keep fighting other people because they're different from us. If we want to open a discussion, it's fine as long as we're ready that in the end, we might have to deal with agree to disagree. 

If we really think that what we have is the ultimate truth, then rather than forcing people to comply to our side, it's better to show what we can do and what we can accomplish with it and let other people decide which is more true. Let other people see the facts rather than some mere words. 

Well, I just realized it because a friend once called me an EXTREMIST at heart. Because I'm the person who think that what I have is the ultimate truth and I'm not easily swayed by other opinion. You can talk to me anything with any proof, as long as it doesn't sit right with my values and belief, I won't easily follow you. Now the problem is, I just hope that I'm not an extremist on action, that would be bad. 
 
But I do believe that every people is extremist at heart. Because, if we don't have a strong standpoint in this life, how can we life our daily live? We will easily sway by this opinion and that opinion and finally we won't have a strong standpoint. So I just have to live with it, I know I will be disagree with a lot of people, but let's just live with it. 

There can only be ONE TRUTH and I truly think that it's my truth. But, I can only explain to a certain extent for that, because the rest will be contested by other people's truth. So rather than sparks a seed of hatred towards the other, come on... let's just agree to disagree if we're so that different.

RESPECT, that is the keyword to all of this differences. We may have seen things differently, but if we are able to respect other people, I think we'll be just fine. Two people from a different culture or religion can live in harmony as long as there's respect among them. There won't be conflict if people are able to respect the differences that they have. 

Some differences sometimes can be settled if we change our point of view and try other people's point of view, but sometimes, some differences are not that easy. We really are born to be different one another. Live with it.

DISCLAIMER: #wink
Differences and Dispute are different though. If there are differences that lead to a dispute, both side has to go to the judge to have a fair decision towards the issue. 

If we really can't live with the differences that exist among us, then the problem is inside our self. Why can't we accept those differences? Everytime we see other people act differently, somehow we're so angry we want to crush them all. Well... Damn yourself and then repent yourself towards what truth that you hold. We might be just not suitable to live with others and we have to re-asses our priority in life. 

Some people might have other different opinion towards everything I said or write, well they are entitled to their own opinion and I would gladly to explain my standpoint. We might have a debate, but in the end if we fail to reach an agreement, why live apart and be enemy? let's be friend, let's keep moving forward and let's just agree to disagree. So what?

I'm with my truth, you're with yours. As long as we respect each other, that's fine.


Image source:
http://www.beyondsamba.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Agree-to-disagree1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment