Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Worst News When a Great Leader Died



Well, I know it’s a bit late of news. Yeah, Paul Walker died. Well I don’t know him that much to feel sorry or loss because of he’s gone. I’m not a fan of Fast and Furious anyway. But one amazing thing is that the massive news of his demise is like all over the news. Well, not that I hate him, but I sometimes think that people are losing focus and priority here. Suddenly, on every wall on every path, people are posting Paul Walker picture.

Now the world is even in a deeper sadness, a world-known figure is dead, Nelson Mandela. Well, he’s quite old anyway maybe it’s for the best for him. But in my opinion, the massiveness of the news of Nelson Mandela’s death is far lower than Paul Walker’s death. Isn’t it something amazing that people are sadder to lose Paul Walker than Nelson Mandela. Yeah, as a reality check, Paul Walker does win from the good-looking sad, and he has roles in the latest Fast and Furious franchise.

The funniest thing is that there are people who post a picture of how they feel sorry that Nelson Mandela is dead but with a picture of Morgan Freeman. I laugh so hard at that, because I really do think that Morgan Freeman and Nelson Mandela is quite alike. The next day, there’s news about how youngsters don’t exactly know who Nelson Mandela is.

Well, I don’t know Nelson Mandela and I only know him by his name and that he’s the person who fights for the equality of people in Africa. This blog is not going to talk about how great he is, because I don’t know, but it’s going to talk that the news about Nelson Mandela’s death is not actually the worst news that you can hear. The worst news that you can possibly hear when a great leader died is, “There’s no one that able to replace or continue that Nelson Mandela fought for.”

People will dead, that’s a hard fact that every human being had to face. No one is immortal, yeah, you can’t be a great leader for human if you’re a Vampire. Human only has some allocated time on earth. Some people can be a great leader, great criminal and anything he put his mind into. Not only as a great leader, but also as an ordinary human being living in this world, you should have an accomplishment and you have to think, “Who’s going to continue my effort after I die?”

People are dying but the world keeps going on and on. So if a great leader die and the leadership dies along with him, now that what I called the worst news. In the last decades, I don’t quite know names of great leaders in the world. It feels like the reign of great leaders is slowing down and the world now lead by just-ordinary leaders. Who doesn’t know names like Lee Kuan Yew, Soekarno, Soeharto (despite all controversy), Margaret Thatcher, etc. I don’t think the world has a world quality leader in the last decade that qualifies as a Great Leader.

Leaders nowadays are chosen by the will of the people but the people are always in disagreement with their leaders. What is wrong with the world? Democracy means that the leader came from the people, chosen by the people and subsequently should be representing the will of the people. But every time leaders try to take action on a policy, there are always question on that. People are losing trust towards their leader. Does democracy failed to give birth to a great leader?

Indonesia in my opinion is facing the same thing. Even though Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in my opinion is not a great leader, but still he is a leader and he’s chosen twice as Indonesian President. Now that he’s no longer available to be voted as the next Indonesian President, I, myself now in a deep confusion of who will be the next Indonesian leader? Will it be the lost contender from previous elections? Or will it be a new name rising to the surface?

A great leader has to be a holder of the people’s will and act accordingly.
A great leader is a man/woman who can gain trust from his people.  
And the most important thing is that a Great Leader is someone who can embedded his ideology and beliefs to all his people and even though he’s passed away, there are a lot of people who hold the same will as him and ready to take his place.
Only time will testifies how a leader became a truly great leader.


Image Source:
http://www.cyberwarzone.com/sites/default/files/default/files/2014/u1/RIP%20NELSON%20MANDELA%20MORGAN%20FREEMAN.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment