Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Step Back into the Mud

Now I have learned something the last time I get back to Indonesia, especially Jakarta. I have lived in Indonesia for almost my entire life and just 6 months living in Singapore is enough to make me feel like I step back into the mud when I step my foot back at Jakarta.

You know the story of global warming?
The experiment was a frog in a pot and a fire underneath it to make the pot warmer. The frog won't realize as fast as the frog that we put inside the hot water out of nowhere. The frog will feel as if it is its natural environment and it won't realize that the water is actually getting hotter. 

Just like me, I live in this mud for a very long time and I actually getting to love it and live with it. That is adaptation. Isn't adaptation is amazing? But there's a catch to it, don't get out of that mud just to get back on the same mud once again.

Well, maybe I will be sound to cocky to say this or even write this, but I really do fall to sickness yesterday when I arrive at Jakarta. I love Jakarta to death, please don't misunderstand me. Rather than any other cities in Indonesia, I love Jakarta the most and if we talk about Indonesian Airplane, Lion Air is not my exact favorite but I keep on getting myself using it because it is the cheapest. 

Lion Air is so famous of being late so people start to make LION into acronym that stands for Late Is Our Nature. It's been a very long while since the last time I used it, I actually getting used to the late time of Lion Air. But I don't know why, yesterday really hit my nerves. This airplane has so many flights so I thought it lost its management of time. 

I get used to use Tiger Airways which is way cheaper but less delay. This Lion Air has a more expensive fares plus more delay. I wonder, is this company really make small profit??? If you ever set your foot at the Terminal 1 of Soekarno Hatta International Airport of Jakarta, you will not see an airport, but you will see the scene of an Indonesian Bus Terminal moves to the airport. 

For an airplane whom had so many flight, Lion Air comes not prepare with enough number of seat in the waiting room. Even the administrator desk is so awful and they use the same chair as the passenger. what a shame!!!

People are sitting everywhere on the floor, yelling at the phone. The first time I sit there, the very first announcement I heard is that an apologize because my flight was delayed for almost 35 minutes, and you can guess what happens next, people are booing to the announcement. And for my 35 minutes sitting there, there are other four announcements of delays. What the f*ck is right with this company???

Okay, it's not my first time having a delay experience with this airplane, but this is getting worse. I think the problem of having a delay is that it's a waste of time because people should be somewhere instead of at the waiting room of an airport. 

Lion air should really fix it's time management. People who are late, just leave them... it's the consequences, and if the plane is late, give something to the people. Lion Air is an economic budget planes but with the price almost the same as Garuda Indonesia. It's like people have to choose it because it is slightly cheaper but yeah, the risk is so big. So The consumer of Lion Air is no longer businessman. People who are used to use bus, start to take airplane as their means of transportation. While the people who have value time over money will no longer choose Lion Air as an option unless they had to because others are full booked. 

If you know you're going to make people wait, one thing you can do is, make the waiting room as comfortable as you can. The problem now is that the waiting room of Lion Air in Terminal 1 of Soekarno Hatta International Airport is so darn f*cking suck!!! There's not enough seat, there's not enough electric plug so you can at least charge your phone or laptop so you can continue connect to the world or working. 

So my suggestion to Lion Air, is that...
Face it, don't deny it... you guys will always make people wait longer!!!!!
So if you can't really fix your time management, focus on fixing the waiting room so it can be a better place to wait. If you ever make a good fortune from your business, spent it a bit more on decorating the room or even fill it with a good stuff to do while people are waiting.

I've seen things are better in Singapore. A better and more organized city with one super amazing airport and Singapore is just one tiny spot in the universe, but it can do so much. Indonesia, Jakarta is a much bigger potential... but why can't it be better??
I really feel like it's been a very long while for me to step my foot back, and it really take a while for me to really sink back into the mud and realize, this is my life and this is the place where I live.

Yesterday is just like "a frog suddenly put in a boiled water" experience for me and I'm shocked of it. Maybe rather than think of this as a step back in the mud, I just have to embrace it and have an experience as if I'm in a saloon and having a mud-spa. Close my eyes and at some point, I'll get use to it... once again....


image source:
http://www.juesatta.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/boiling-frog1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment