Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Democracy versus Autocracy

Do you know what really is the best system for a government? Is it Autocracy? or is it Democracy? you want to know my answer?

The best government system in the whole wide world with a 100% success guarantee (with money return guarantee) is.... (drum roll please....) IDEAL SYSTEM...!!!!!
yeah, and you're going to spend 10-15 minutes of your life to read my arguments, well it depends also on how fast you're reading speed is. It might be 30 minutes to one hour if you read like me, hahaha....

Well now you might have arguments and own opinion about this issue. Some of you might say Autocracy is the best because it will make a government more effective and efficient. The government won't take too long to pass a law because it doesn't have to consult to certain bodies and go through several readings and plenary sessions.

On the other corner might just as well scream, Noooooooooo...
(oh, now it sounds more like musical theater or something...) okay, let's try to sing the next part live and I'm recording it... Les Miserables style...!!! You're Hugh Jackman... ACTION!!!
No no no noooooooo.... Democratic is the best way because it appreciates the voices of people and it shows checks and balances between powers in government system and also an open, free and fair elections....

Now let me ask you one thing...
In this whole wide world, what's the prove that it is the best government system?
It only works splendidly when it can function IDEALLY.....!!!!

The problem is, this is THE REAL WORLD...
When we have AUTOCRACY, we have a tyrant....!
When we have DEMOCRACY, we have excessive freedom and it makes everything hard because too much opinion to heard and in the end, we are indecisive. 

I think basically, Neither Autocracy or Democracy is a bad system. Both of them are good system but (with a very very large and enormous but) if it can be implemented IDEALLY. It's same like what I think about personality. There's no bad personality, just bad placement. There's no bad government system, just bad implementation.

Let's talk Democracy first, because on the Autocracy I want to make me the best Authoritarian Leader the world ever know. Democracy, BASICALLY a very splendid idea of how a government should run (not with leg, duh!). The government reach their position because they got support by majority of the people. So what the government take into action is reflecting on what people want, because he/she's the chosen one (Without having Voldemort cast a spell on you and left a thunder mark on your forehead to make you the chosen one)

BUT IN THE REALITY...
The government does chosen by the people, but the one who has the biggest distrust to the government is the people. So where's the people who put their trust to the government in the first place?
let's take my hometown as an example. There were an direct election for Mayor (if I'm not mistaken) and one candidate actually win with only 50% of the vote + around 10 vote or something. Literally 10 piece of vote paper (or around that) of all maybe 6 millions of another votes, so it's like zero point zero zero zero zero something percent. But then he's claiming that his contender is cheating and want to do re-electing once again. And guess what, the table is turned and the other couple won with more or less 10 piece of vote. Now the winner is loss and the loser in the first place now becomes the Mayor.
(well, don't completely trust my story... I just hear it from here and there. Since it's not a paper, I have no obligation to make this so f*cking scientifically)

Democratic system nowadays is more like a comedy. It's no longer, "I chose you to be my leader", but more like, "How much you're willing to pay me to vote you?"

Now let say this person is the Mayor with 50% + 10 votes supports. While to pass a law, you need 2/3 or around 66.6666666 % of the parliament (or house of representative member) to agree. So what's next???

The rest is either Negotiation, Lobbying or Bribing to pass a law...
Is this Democratic???
yes it is....
the question now is... "Is this ideal?"
"NO its f*cking NOT!!!!"

So how if the case is, the people doesn't mind with their authoritarian leader?? 
Is this semi-Democracy?
or is this semi-Autocracy?
Nah, let's skip that...

Now let's talk about Autocracy...
What not to like about this system?
I love it to death... hahaha.... (with note that I'm on the TOP)...
Why I think Autocracy is good... Because it can cut the hasle and the dazle of the Democratic long, painful and lobby-full process. Less cost, lest bribe and it has a possibility of less corruption.
But the problem once again, it has to be IDEAL...
what is IDEAL?

There's an Indonesian saying for portraying a hard thing to do, "Just like finding a needle in a haystack" but in terms of finding a good authoritarian is even harder, "It's like finding a hay in a needle-stack." Yeah, imagine how hard and painful is that.

So many autocratic leader in history has fall into a deep hatred among all it's citizen. Either their a bad seed to begin with or they're rotting as their time passing as the leader. Because not all people has a DIAMOND quality. If you dip a diamond to even the dirtiest mud for a very long time, you'll still see the diamond shines bright if you took the diamond out of the mud. Leaders nowadays no longer has that qualities. I think at most is only 18k Gold quality, they can hold only limited time dipped in the mud. The mud is called IN POWER. It really is INTOXICATING.

Now have you see my point?
Every government system in the world has a BUT (a really big, enormous, annoying, and smell when it farts but) when it comes into the real world for implementation. It is has to be IDEAL. Just like any Ideal thing when it comes to real world, it comes with negotiation and distortion from its original intention. 

So which one is better, or any other government system will you propose to be implemented? The problem is actually not always which one is better, because every system has it's own place and time and compatibility with certain country. The problem lies in front of us right now is actually the challenge when we have chose our system, is to fulfill the terms and conditions that the system needs in order to return to its IDEAL condition so we can create an IDEALISM in this REALISM world. 

Sounds hard?
No, it lies in the political will of the leaders.
If in Indonesia, If you want to be, let say, a Member of Parliament. Since the beginning of your campaign, you spent money to do campaign, you spent money here and there, you spent money to gain support. Everything is about money beforehand. So when you finally managed to reach the top, what comes first into your mind is, "How can I get my ROI (Return on Investment)?" After all the money you spent, you must be want all of them back, and of course with a (not so) little interest with it.

How can a government system is IDEAL when it begin with that kind of people???

I really do sometimes wonder, "Can I really jump into political world without have to spent any cent at all?"
Even though I have the DIAMOND quality (quote "huh?" "thought?" unquote), but with less money for campaigning I can be lost by an IRON quality people with rivers of gold behind them. 
Maybe if this school have a module let say PP something-something ZERO DOLLAR CAMPAIGN, I'll definitely be taking that class for the next semester. This is the thing that should be mastered by every politician, how to campaign without spending a dime.

Wow, another IDEALISM IDEA that I offered... hahaha...
I just realized, maybe I really do live in my own IDEALISM world and try to break into this REALISM world. Have you ever seen every ending of Sailor Moon Movie? It always pictured where Sailor Moon stand in front and risking her life (and yes, sometimes she's almost naked in the process, only covered by ribbon-like thingy) with supports from another sailors team representing planets in solar system. Either trying to unleash the Moon Power or creating a protection barrier. Maybe that what I'll do... 

I'll create a small group of people and call THE POWER OF IDEALISM... MAKE UP!!!! and with that power plus support of people who're willing to support me (but I'll make sure I won't be naked in the process, you can count on that!), I'll break the boundaries of REALISM world with my barrier of IDEALISM world.

Meh...
Now I'm in fully doubt of my own sanity..... hahahaha.........

Am I IDEAL....?

You decide....!!!

Well, you can say I'm IDEAL for cleaning your house, taking care of your pet, finishing your unfinished food, or maybe even IDEAL for your soul mates??? #wink
eh.... meh...?

Another Indonesian proverb, "Head may be similar in Black (hair) but IDEAL value in every head may differ to one another..."

Live up to your IDEAL and we'll create an IDEAL WORLD together....!!!! 


1st image source : https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj4mMNBh-AIu835wrubbIFuIPibzGQxyl9xCY_jjCNeGQ8buuhn_uLh3WSWognykSw51vjVLQsLeGDXFktuW2JCNA-422sqydVq7vL143g1UQunbJ8lgzDTlDcDt2Dddm5a7jWo20Nzlq_F/s1600/democracy2.gif
2nd image source : http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/serenity_sailor_moon_r_movie.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment