Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Evolution of Toilet Flusher

Wow, it really has been a while since the last time I wrote a blog here. Several times I tried to wrote but then I stopped in the middle because I loose  focus. Well I hope I can finish this one so I can have a good kick-start. Rather than talking about something so serious like Relation ship (which is what I'm about to write next), let's talk about Toilet Flush.

Yeah, what's up with Toilet Flush and why do I want to talk about it...?

Several years ago, I think in my Marketing Management Modules at my University, there's a thing about product evolution where the product is actually at it's peak point, but we still adding things to it that actually doesn't have value added point. Like the example a mouse trap. It used to be just some set of wire and a place for the bait. How if there's a mouse trap with motion sensor and will catch a mouse that moves. Isn't that amazing? but the basic function is still to trap a mouse, is it really worth it to evolve such a product that far and finally make the price is so expensive?

Well, let's back to the topic of Toilet Flusher. In the early time, people use water scooper  to scoop water from the water basin when they want to flush the toilet. The technology was improving and the use a Toilet Flusher for every toilet now. So you don't have to scoop the water again just to flush your sh*t. 

Now, have you ever seen the evolution of the toilet flusher nowadays?
We used to have one thing like a token thing to flush on the side of the water tank. Now we have a two button, one half and one for full flusher, or have you ever seen one that looks like it has eyes that blinking? one with sensor light that detects movement and know when to flush if the person forget to flush the toilet when they leave. Or the one I saw a few days ago, it's Touch Toilet Flusher. So you just have to touch some kind of sensor and the toilet will flush it self.

Now, isn't that amazing?
Is this in the category of something like the example I mentioned before, a pseudo-evolution?
Maybe I would say, "Not yet"
Well, who knows that in the years to come there will be a Voice-Command Flusher?

But the problem nowadays is that, people can think that far for the toilet flusher, but I never.... everrr.... everrrr.... found a toilet flusher that I can easily push to flush my sh*t out when I sit to expel my sh*t from my body.

Imagine this like you're the one who experience it.
You were feeling heartburn and there's something funny inside your tummy and you feel like you have to shoot something out from your anus (pardon my french) and then you finally found a toilet and you finally sit and by God you finally feel so much relieved because those sh*t finally out. Then something start to smell and you have to flush those sh*t out. But to do so, you have to turn your body about 120 degrees to find the Flush Button behind you, and you might need the power of two hands to push the button. 

Aaaargh, isn't that stress full???
For God sake, the toilet has a sensor on it and to flush it manually still have to turn my body in that super awkward position just to flush my sh*t out.

Considering how far the Flusher has evolve from just a water-scooper to a sensory things like today, no one.... I mean NO ONE has ever think to make the Flusher-Button to be on the right or left side the toilet so it is easier to reach and push. Why should it always have to be on the back???

I feel so emotional when I saw those Touch-Flusher but the position is still on the back when you're in seated position. So you still have to turn your body around. This Toilet Flusher evolution may not be completed yet. But please, to whom it may concern (especially the toilet manufacturer), think this through. 

I always think that the Toilet Flusher has to be activated by some pushing movements in order to make the water flow, but Now the can do that just by touching or sensing the movements. So I really am wonder, why can't they make the Toilet Flusher in easier accessible position???

Now that I think about it, could it be that I've been oh, we've been wrong all this time? May be we're wrong in our seat position all along. It could be that we should've seat facing the button so it'll easier to push or touch the Toilet Flusher. 
Could this be my EUREKA MOMENT...??? a-ha....!!!!

Yeah.... I'm just talking non-sense. hahahaha....
Let's just blame the toilet manufacturer...!!!


Every time we create a product, we should use the point of view from the user of the product. So I really am wondering why does in this Evolution of the Toilet Flusher, no one ever create a user-friendly toilet. Does it really true? No one ever think about this issue?

Or is it a possibility that the creator of the Toilet Technology actually never use a toilet him/herself? so they never feel the pain to turn your body, try to push it with your right hand but it's hard so you have to push your right hand with your left hand to make it flush.

Well it's just a theory, it could be a possibility that the technology of our time still unable to reach that solution. hahaha... 
So now, let's just twist our body to the back and reach the button to flush. Don't be lazy and let your sh*t evaporating it's fragrance, Summer Sh*t Number 6. Or even worse, leave your toilet without flushing it and leave a souvenir for the next user of the toilet. Oh, darn you Lazy-Flusher!!!!!!

That's why sometimes I really do prefer to use my own toilet, but that kind of utopia sometimes so far to reach, literally. When you're going out and suddenly you feel the urge, there's no other choice than you have to use the public toilet. 

This Toilet-Flusher and people's laziness to flush, might have connection. I'm just to lazy to do a survey about it. So leave it just as a per-assumption of what is the correlation between Toilet Flusher and the Cleanliness of the Toilet. Well, the Evolution doesn't stop in this age, the Evolution of the Toilet Flusher will keep going on. Let's just hope that IT WILL BE IN A RIGHT PLACE.


Image Source:
http://www.luxury-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Royal-Flush-14k-Solid-Gold-Toilet-Flusher2.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment