Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Economic Foundation : Exempted then Un-exempted

This is an old story, but I keep on forgetting to post it.
Now, It's the story of how I got exempted then un-exempted from the Economic Class.

If you ask me about my favorite subject, when I'm still on my Primary school, I'll answer to you straight-forwadly that it's Mathematics. I love Math because everything is precise and definitive. 1+1 = 2, there's no other answer. But then when I'm in High School, I meet with this teacher, other than very mean, he's also super boring. Since that time, I hate Math the most.

I should've realized at that time that my hatred of Math will haunt me forever, because Math is like the basics of everything I'm about to learn. 

At college, I never learn Math directly, but every now and then the modules in my college is keep creating a link to connect the modules and Math. Especially Economics. Oh come on!!! Economics is a social studies, why should you have to connect Economics to Math. aaargh...!!!

There's Micro Economics, there's Project Evaluation, there's Managerial Economics, and the best grade that I got from those Economics are B. Maybe it does, I hate economics because at some points I don't believe on Economics. How can you quantify something that should be un-quantify-able. Too much assumptions on economics that deny all other elements, as they said it, "Ceteris Paribus"

I have to repeat twice for the Managerial Economics module on my Bachelor degree, and even when I tried twice, I still got a B. darn it!.

At my master degree, I never thought that I'm gonna meet another Economic Modules. the Economic Foundation. I feel like, oh, this is going to be my death sentence. But then, after the first meeting with the Lecturer, I got an email saying that I got exempted from the class. Wow, suddenly I feel so very happy because it feels like, "Fyuuh, I just dodge a bullet there..."

So then they make me submit the exemption form. But when I read the form, suddenly bad feelings coming. Because you have to state on that form, what Economic Modules you have taken previously. I look at my transcript,
- Introduction to Economics : C+
- Micro Economics : C+
- Macro Economics : B-
- Managerial Economics : B
Darn!!!

The next day, my premonition came true, The Professor wants to see me.
"I'm dead...."

So he said that, he exempted me because my degree is Bachelor of Economics.
The thing he doesn't know that in Indonesia, if you are from Economics, Accounting or Management, you get the degree of Bachelor of Economics.
So he thought that I'm an economic bachelor.
I can't argue any further since my grade is also something that I can't proud of. 
I accept defeat and there's the story how I get un-exempted......

Aarrrrgh... Economics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that I hate the most is when they try to make a mathematics formula out of the economic theory. ooooh... why....why.... why.................

Now I have to attend the class, on Monday, Wednesday and sometimes on Friday. F*ck!
This is only one modules, but it takes most of my week.
But still, this is the silver bullet for me (yeah, I'm a werewolf), so I just have to be extra carefully with this subject. It could kill me and make me lost my scholarship if I'm careless. Because in this school I have to get minimum B-, or else....!!!
I would not only be exempted from the class, I will also be exempted from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.

Maybe I'll back to the Justin's story about challenges makes you strong. Darn Justin, you really do affect my life with that one time lunchtime talk...

This time I'll try harder than before to try to accept Economics close to my heart. I will not let my self or my hatred stands before me and my A+. If I want to, I can get any grade I want. I just have to let my self to be as receptive as possible.

Who knows this could be the time where me and Economics do Fusion just like Son Goku and Vegeta, and we can make the greatest combo in the world... okay, that just make no sense at all...

I'll just try my best, give my best and avoid to get less than a B.
Go Economics....!!!!!!!!
Can laah......!!!


image source:
http://www.venturacollege.edu/images/economics_emblem_money_429px.png  

No comments:

Post a Comment