Who Am I? Not Spiderman

My photo
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Rizky Novrianto is just an ordinary human being who try to live his life as extraordinary as it can be. I like to be different. You maybe able to find someone better than me, but You may never find someone like me. I hope common courtesy hasn't die yet. Treat people the way you want to be treated and even more, treat other people the way they want to be treated.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Financial Management for the Shopaholic

Well, I should be an expert on this area because a part, like 1/6, of my bachelor degree is in this area, hahaha... but don't trust me with all your heart and soul in this, because basically it's just a sharing story that might be useful or at least you can take lessons out of it.
#Disclaimer

In a dialogue with a friend, named Ririn, we talk about how much is our saving. Surprisingly, all this years I thought that I had a poor financial management, but I managed to save more than her. Though when she reads this, she'll argue about her Europe and Japan Trip... hahaha...

Well, I'm an impulsive person. I sometimes wonder why I had all the stuff I have now. I had a keyboard (not for the computer) a musical keyboard back home and I can't play a keyboard. I had a Canon EOD 650D and I don't even take shoots on a daily basis. I had a 3D television but I don't watch it on a daily basis. I had a bike but I don't ride it. I bought a Violin and said that I want to learn how to play it, but I constantly feel that I have no time. The recent one is I bought a Whey Protein Milk and since I bought it, I haven't put my foot in the gym.

That's my consumption level, it's like crazy. So to deal with that, my financial management system is using the "FORCED" basis, not the dark force. I force myself to deposit part of my incomes to my saving account, so on a cash basis, I'm poor. As an asset, yes I'm not liquid because big chuck of my money is saved in the form of similar to time deposit. I keep deposit the money on a monthly basis, but I can't easily take the money from the account at any moment I like.

and my second basis is "FORGET IT". I treat my saving as my expense. Maybe that's why I love this saving process. I don't feel like I save my money, but I feel like I spent it and suddenly out of nowhere I have this amount of money after a certain time period. Maybe this is part of the psychological thing that called, alter the way you think. Instead of being a Shopaholic, I can be a Saving-holic... hahaha....

They said that with the increasing of the income, your expense will increase as well, for me, with the increase in income, my saving will increase as well. Because to keep myself from impulsively shopping, I keep adding up more and more 'forced' saving account and then I 'forget' about it. At some point, I really do surprise myself with the thing that I managed to do.

But the thing about financial management is that you have to find one that suits you very well. Some people can just easily put aside a certain part of their income and manage not to use it without any hassle. One financial manager whom I forget her name was, once said that you had to have an emergency funds four times of your monthly income and it had to be in a liquid forms, meaning that it's not in a long-term deposit form. So once you had an emergency, you'll be able to access it easily. 

The thing about saving is that it acts as a guarantee because you'll never know what the future brings. Well, at this time, my focus is in the shape of money savings, maybe if I had enough money I'll move to the savings in form of gold or stocks. but the thing about that kind of savings is that they need a big start.

So for a good start, instead of become a shopaholic, start to be a Saving-holic and make your saving system as fun as shopping. Let's think of every time you put some part of your money to savings, don't think of it's a saving as in you keep your money away, instead think of it as a shopping activity, which you love most. Think of it as you buy your future. 

Force yourself then Forget it!!!!
Happy saving....
:)


Image Source:
http://timobrienhomesblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/istock_000006007654medium.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment